At Lighthouse Biblical Counseling Center, you will find trustworthy, certified men and women counselors who have walked through their own struggles with purity, family, anger, depression, reconciliation, etc. and have found God's answers to be the truth that sets them free.
Jeff & Rose Colón
Jeff and Rose Colón are certified counselors through the Fellowship of Biblical Counselors (FBC). Jeff is also an Ordained Minister and holds an Mdiv and BA in Biblical Counseling from Master’s Graduate School of Divinity. Rose has her Master’s of Ministry in Biblical Counseling from Master’s Graduate School of Divinity.
Jeff and Rose have been residents of Grant County for over 23 years. During that time period, they have offered biblical counseling to many couples and young adults on various issues. They frequently minister to couples, young adults, and speak regularly at the annual FBC conference. They have also conducted workshops and seminars for pastors, Christian counselors and Bible college students.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible was uniquely, verbally, and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. We accept the Bible in its entirety, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, as the sufficient and final authority for guiding man to faith in God then to walk in victory. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Corinthians 2:13, 10:11; John 19:35)
2. We believe that there is one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each of these Persons possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and thus the characteristics of personality. (Matthew 18:19; John 10:30; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and that Jesus Christ will come again to the earth, personally, visibly, and bodily to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. (Acts 1:10-11; John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 22:20, Isaiah 7:14; Hebrews 7:26; Acts 2:22; I Corinthians 15:3; Acts 1:9-11)
4. We believe man was created good and upright, but fell from that place of perfection into a condition of spiritual depravity. (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:17; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 5:12-19)
5. We believe the only means of our being cleansed from sin is through repentance and through faith in the precious blood of Christ. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. (Luke 24:47; Romans 8:16; 10:13-15; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7)
6. We believe the Scriptures teach a life of holiness. Sanctification is a separation from that which is evil and a dedication unto God. We believe all believers should earnestly pursue sanctification by walking in obedience to God’s Word. We further believe that the Christian is able to live a godly life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. (Hebrews 12:14; I Peter 1:15-16; Philippians 2:12-13)
7. While we do believe that the gifts of the Spirit are in operation today, we believe that the greatest evidence of a spirit filled life is the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit in a believer’s life. (Galatians 5:22-23)
8. The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and the Great Commission on earth. Every true believer is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:13)
9. We believe that all believers are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple people from every nation. (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:47-48)
10. Marriage is God-ordained. “The creator made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” (Matthew 19:4-5). Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman biologically at birth. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30).
11. We practice two ordinances: (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving the gift of salvation. And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
12. We believe in the second coming of Christ with His saints to rule and reign on the earth for a thousand years. (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27, 30; Revelation 19:20; 20:11- 15; 21:8)
13. We believe In the resurrection and final judgment of the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation. (Revelation 20:11-15)
14. We believe in the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God. (Revelation 21:1)